Using LinkedIn – a few tips
An overview of coaching and training for LinkedIn as part of your professional networking and marketing:
I have delivered a number of presentations on the Business benefits of LinkedIn. We usually cover quite a lot of ground, and I thought I’d summarise the key messages ….
- using LinkedIn profiles helps establish common ground in face-to-face networking
- photos and description are key – why do so many profiles not have a photo?
- it IS possible to build relationships online – face-to-face is still important though
- always customise the default LinkedIn invitation – it provides context for the invitee
- group discussions – engagement is key as a business development accelerator; be proactive; if you don’t participate in the groups then leave them, don’t just bin the updates
- good phrase – LinkedIn is a light touch way of keeping in touch with people
- you can connect some social media sites to automate postings – do this carefully
- you have 120 characters to describe yourself – use them to the full
If you’d like more tips, have a look at my ebook “Useful Guide to LinkedIn“.
Are you making the most of LinkedIn, twitter, blogging and all the other tools available to you, alongside your face-to-face networking? Do you have a strategy and a plan for you and your staff/colleagues and the necessary skills?
If you’d like help for you or your staff, please contact me – see the contact details above:
Feel free to send me an invite on LinkedIn and let me know how you found me –