Management skills training
Management training covers a range of different skill areas involved in managing staff as individuals and as part of a team. Programmes are split into a number of modules, covering the following key areas:
- Feedback, listening and communication with colleagues
- Delegation and supervision
- Coaching and mentoring
- Annual appraisals and ongoing reviews
The majority of these programmes are run inhouse, with selected modules run as open courses, around specific industries and appropriate case studies.
Overview of workshops
The workshops are each designed around case studies and practical exercises. Over the course of the modules, supervisors and managers will develop their skills to manage day-to-day workloads, ongoing performance management and long-term appraisal and review.
These workshops will help those who supervise and manage staff build their people management skills in a practical and pragmatic manner, linking business objectives with staff development.
What will you learn?
During these workshops, you will:
- Learn how to give feedback to colleagues and how to receive feedback effectively
- Enhance listening and communication skills within teams
- Learn which skills might inhibit delegation and supervision along with techniques to supervise and delegate work effectively
- Gain understanding into personal motivators at work and how these vary
- Learn key skills for effectively coaching colleagues
- Understand the role of mentors at works
- Learn how to make the most of annual appraisals and ongoing reviews to ensure individual business and development objectives tie in with the business and staff motivation is maintained at a high level
The workshops will include a variety of interactive exercises and case studies which will require you to be open and honest about your management style and your people management structures, processes and issues.
Contact Sue for further information.